joi, 29 august 2013

A & Q, Reviews on Cisco Network Equipments - Computers - Networks

I have a cisco 800 series 871 router?Can I reset it back to default without going into terminal? Also can i use a cat 5 cable like the console cable to enum to the router? Im using minicom on linux to communicate with the router but not getting anything but I'm using a cat 5

A: You will need a serial cable. Unless the router has been configured with management capability's etc you will need a dedicated serial cable to connect to the console port. I advise you obtain console login before trying to ascertain any other type of connection from it. Once you have logged in (If you don't want to use a terminal get a different router, Trust me on this)from enabled mode# clear startup-config# reload

How do I configure 2 routers connected to separate ports on a modem to communicate with each other?I have a T1 modem with 4 ethernet ports on it. I have a Cisco 871 router that is connected to port one on the modem. I would like to add a Linksys router to port 2 on the T1 modem and get to communicate with the Cisco 871 router and all devices that are connected to it and vice versa.How do I do this? Can you explain it in great detail? Thanks.

Additional Details2 ports on the Cisco 871 router are configured with their own VLANs.I tried hooking up the Linksys router to one of the switches, but for some reason the network connectivity to computers that were connected to the Linksys was extremely slow. The switch is unmanaged, by the way.3 years agoWait, I didn't plug the router into the switch. I plugged another switch into the switch and the computers that were on the secondary switch had slow network connectivity.

A: Wow this could get long... If you're hooking another router up into the network present you have to make sure that its on the same subnet and has a usable address. You say the ports on the router are on their own VLAN? VLAN's are options found on a switch, unless you mean that they are vlan trunks. What kind of switches do you have? If they're not auto-sensing then you might not be using the correct cable type (straight-thru, crossover, etc...) I'm not sure why you'd hook up another router into the network though. The Cisco router should provide you with all the capabilities you need. Depending on how you have the switches connected you could be causing a switching loop. There are quite a few variables to take into account.

Modem to router to switch to switch shouldn't be a problem, as long as that second switch isn't in the router as well. Not enough info to really give an end all solution. One of those things you have to see and be around to fix.

I want to configure cisco 871 routers to setup Port mirroring. Please help me.?

A: are you asking how to have another port see all the traffic from the other?router#config trouter#(config)monitor session 1 source interface router#(config)monitor session 1 destination interfacerouter#(config)exitrouter#wr

Studying Cisco and the use of Cisco 871 Router?I wanted to buy a router to experiment with (and hopefully not break). While Packet Tracer is useful, I want to get more hands on practice at home. I already completed CCNA 2 but was some time ago and brush up on my router configuration skills while doing CCNA3. This one Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router - CISCO871-K9 seemed to look like a cheap one and possibly cover most of my needs but I am not sure if it would cover all needs to experiment with CCNA 3 and 4.

Can I display cisco 1841 system info on my PC?I am new to cisco equipments, I have a Cisco 1841. First is it possible to display a the router info on my PC. If so how do i connect the 1841 to my PC. And also can configure the router from my PC like the linksys routers.

A: The Cisco routers are a professional grade router and way outperform the low end home grade routers like Linksys.The 1841 can be configured using CLI (command line interface) with a serial connection and Hyperterminal on a Windows computer. It can also be configured using CLI using the LAN port of your pc connected to its LAN port. Later models of 1841 also permit configuration via a Web GUI interface. (You are familiar with Web GUI as it is the only promulgated mode for configurations on low end routers.)We do not know which version of firmware you have on your 1841 so we cannot tell you whether it supports the Web GUI mode or not. You indicate you are new to Cisco equipment but you did not indicate this was a new 1841.The best way to determine this is to try to log onto it. You will need the user name and password. If these are lost, you can do a factory reset and use factory defaults.

How can we use 3 ADSL line in Cisco Router 1841?I have Cisco 1841 router. I already installed 2 ADSL WIC in both slot available on it. I want install one more ADSL WIC too in this router (3rd one)Please let me know any way to adopt 3 rd WIC card on it ?. If not, please let me know , Is it available 2port ADSL WIC ?

A: Cisco doesn't make a 2 line ADSL WIC. You have 2 options:

1. Pull at least one of the WIC-1ADSL cards and install a WIC-4ESW 4-port switch and use external DSL modems.2. Upgrade to a Cisco 28xx series router that supports more expansion cards.



access point vs router

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu