luni, 21 mai 2012

How do I Retreive my LinkSys Router Password? - Technology - Communication

I lost the paperwork with my LinkSys router password. I desperately searched but could not find it. Everyone kept telling me that I could not retrieve my Linksys router password but would have to reset the router. I was sure there should be a way to retrieve my Linksys router password. So I very determinedly set out to find the secret to retrieve my linkSys router password. What did I find after looking all over the internet? There is only one thing to do once you have lost a LinkSys router password. You have to reset the router. Before doing anything it is a good idea to record what the settings are for the router. Then it is time to set the LinkSys router password back to its default one.Apparently there is this little hole, a pinhole, on the back of the router. It should indicate that it is the reset button. Take a paperclip or pen tip and put it into the hole. You need to press down for several seconds, about 30 seconds works. If you do it right then the lights on the front will go on and off showing that it is reset. Pushing the reset button puts the router back to the factory default settings. This is called a hard reset. That seems easy enough. However that is not the end of it. You have to log onto the router and reconfigure it. There are some very simple steps to follow to do this. First make sure a computer is connected to the router. Use one of the Ethernet ports. Then turn on the computer. Let the web browser load up. The enter URL /. A popup box should show up. It will request that you enter a username and password to login to your router. The default password is in the routers owners manual. Which does you no good if you dont have any idea where the owners manual is.Without the owners manual there is still the chance to reset the router. Some of the older LinkSys routers default username is blank, not the word blank but actually nothing. The default username for BEFW11S4, WRT54G is admin. For EtherFast Cable/DSL Ethernet routers default username is Administrator. Comcast routers default username is comcast. The default password for BEFW11S4 is nothing or blank. Older models of LinkSys routers default username is blank, or nothing, not the word. With the newer models it is admin. Comcast routers default password is 1234. After you get past the login screen you will be able to easily reconfigure the LinkSys router.



access point vs router

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu